Looking for some inexpensive fun in the sun?! Summertime in the greater Sacramento area is hot! Like really hot. Long gone are the cool spring rainy days that preceded us, only to be replaced by the intense dry heat that Northern California is known for.
Even if you are from the Sacramento area, you may be unaware of some of the amazing resources that are available to the public in the Rancho Cordova area and surrounding areas.
City officials in Rancho Cordova have really gone to great lengths to renew, restore, and revitalize the city’s infrastructure.
There are four amazing spray parks available during the summertime in Rancho Cordova. These parks are filled with the usual play structures as well as fountains for kids to splash around in on a hot day. My kids have enjoyed many days at these parks and have had a blast.
Below is a list of the four parks available in Rancho Cordova along with some of the other features there:
1) Village Green Park– Located in Capital Village in Rancho Cordova. This park features a large outdoor amphitheater and splash pad surrounded by open green grass and trees. .
2) Stone Creek Park– This park is beautiful and lots to offer. Stone Creek Park features an open-air amphitheater, aquatic splash park, skate park, playgrounds, picnic areas and athletic fields.
3) Sunridge Park– Sunridge Park is located on seven-acres north of Kiefer Road and east of Sunrise Boulevard. The park features a splash park, picnic areas, playground, basketball and turf area.
4) White Rock Splash Park– Located at White Rock Neighborhood Park, the splash park features a dump bucket, water slides, canons, water jets and other fun features to cool off in the hot summer months. The gated facility is one of the largest splash parks of its kind in Northern California. Children ages 6 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
There are many other splash parks in the greater Sacramento area. A few worthy to mention are listed below.
5) Promontory Park– El Dorado Hills- 2700 Alexandra Dr, El Dorado Hills, CA 95762